Dating is fun and so it should be. It is important though and paramount to keep yourselves safe.
With this in mind here are some tips to help stay safe while dating.
- Try whenever possible have group dates, they are the best way to keep yourself safe.
- Always meet somewhere where you feel comfortable in the surroundings.
- Don’t leave your food and drinks unattended and stay alert.
- Follow local advice. Some areas have special schemes and good advice for helping those that date to stay safe.
- Only use taxis that are registered and licensed with your local authority.
- Tell a friend where you are going and preferably with whom you are meeting. Let the friend know when you plan to return from your date and check in with them when you are safely home.
- Remember that you are in control in any situation. If you feel that the situation is dangerous then call the emergency services or inform a member of staff at the place that you are meeting.
- Never give out any of your personal details until you feel that you can trust and that you know the person that you are dating.
- Don’t allow someone into your home unless you trust them.
- Keep you phone charged and close at hand.